Fix Your Marriage Argument on Valentine's Day
It's Valentine's Day and you're in an argument with your Valentine.
What can you do? How do you celebrate your love, your romance when your sweetheart feels so awful about you? What kind of Valentine’s Day Card do you buy?
Everyone is supposed to be happy and romantic when Valentine’s Day comes around.
Right? You’re supposed to be having loving, wonderful thoughts about your sweetheart. Right? You’re supposed to send a card, note, or something else to express how close you are and how your love will last forever. Right?
Hallmark, Ambassador, and American Greetings have no shortage of sweet, cute, and wonderful cards expressing love and romance for Valentine’s Day. But, you’re not feeling it, and your spouse is not feeling it. What do you do? The standard Valentine’s Day card is not going to do it. You’ve got to take matters and your feelings into your own hands.
What are you feeling: anger, sadness, disappointment?
Are you in an argument? Do you think your spouse did something to hurt your feelings? It’s time to fix this marriage argument so you can enjoy a romantic Valentine’s Day with your spouse.
- Define what the problem is.
- Figure out what part you contributed to start your spouse having bad feelings.
- In doing this, give your spouse the benefit of the doubt.
See the situation from your spouse’s point of view. Without defending yourself or attacking, look through your spouse’s “video camera” (metaphorically).
- Write a personal note, preferably in your own handwriting.
- Begin with your feelings.
- Make a clear statement about how uncomfortable you are with those feelings and how you want to resolve the issue between yourselves quickly.
- Tell your spouse how you’ve been trying to think this through from his or her point of view.
- Explain how your behavior probably influenced your spouse to feel bad about you, blame you, or accuse you of intentionally hurting his or her feelings.
- Really show that you understand without defending yourself or attacking.
- Finish the note with an expression of your continuing love and desire to have an even better future together.
All my best wishes for you to turn this around before the day is over and have a wonderful and loving evening together,