Reviews, Feedback and Testimonials
What Patients Are Saying About Dr. Frank Gunzburg
- Dear Dr. Gunzburg, What you are doing is wonderful. You are a great man. There is nothing greater in this world than true love – “true”, real-life love with all its flaws and beauty. And you are one of its true warriors, not the prince charming of fairytales but the relationship doctor of gritty, beautiful, real-life relationships.
- I wanted to extend my sincerest thanks to you simply for doing this for a living, and spending your life helping other people sort through such difficult, and important, problems.
- I want to thank you so much for all your wonderful and helpful words of wisdom you have given me and to others. I feel like you are putting all the thoughts and feelings I have inside me out in the open. You are able to articulate my feelings in a way that I was unable to do properly myself. Thank you
- Thank you so much for all the help you have given to my husband and me. We are truly blessed to have you nearby to help us through these trying times. Looking back at the event 10 months ago and the immediate aftermath of shock and trauma, it is hard to believe that we have not only survived an affair, but have grown as a couple and individuals in ways that might have taken a lifetime, if that, to achieve. Essentially, we were standing in a burning building with no way to escape. I hate to imagine where we’d be today had we not found Dr. Gunzburg to help rescue us. There’s no doubt that it’s been hard, hard work but the guided path and support that we got from Dr. Gunzburg along with the assurance that our marriage WILL be ok and in fact flourish beyond the horror we were going through is what made all the difference in the world. Right after the ‘discovery’, we read all the stories and notes on Dr. Gunzburg’s website that most sounded similar to ours and I remember thinking – how is it possible to have a stronger marriage after an affair? Isn’t that a huge contradiction? Thank G-d, we are survivors who can attest that these improvements can happen. Dr. Gunzburg really used a sensitive and personal approach that made us feel like we were his only clients in the world. He brought to the table his wealth of knowledge and experience accumulated over the course of his life’s work in this area. We are forever grateful for finding Dr. Gunzburg and for his help in guiding us on the right path for an incredible marriage filled with trust, honesty and intense intimacy and love.
- D. and I are doing well. I really think we would not be together if we didn’t come to you. The past still comes up but not often and I deal with it better. Thanks again for everything.
- You taught me so much about myself and us as a couple, not only in your interactions with us, but by your style of being from-the-depth of yourself. Your integrity is visible and healing. May our paths cross again.
- I know I argued about maintaining my “on the side” relationship, but after your work with us, I feel more committed than ever to my wife being my one and only, and now I am really reaping the benefits. Thank you.
- Just a note to tell you we’re doing just great! Tom and I are getting married next month and we are buying a house. It’s hard to believe it was less than a year ago when we started therapy with you – so much has changed for the good since then.
- Thank you so much for your wisdom. Our short time with you gave me insight, not only into my relationship with my boyfriend, but also into myself. Thank you for providing me with practical advice that I can use to help our relationship, while addressing my own issues and renewing my inner zest. I am so glad to have you coaching both of us towards marriage. I have already begun to work on the issues we discussed. Thanks again.
- Your work with us has been very impactful for me on both a personal and a professional level – giving me insights that I can use in my own work with couples. The last “piece of work” that we did has had a lasting effect. I appreciated your warmth, humor, and most of all the delicate and respectful way you treated us.
- Leaving your office for the last time was a mixture of great happiness and regret. The weekly visits my husband and I had with you became a part of my life. Now, they and you will always be a part of my heart. Thank you for healing us.
- Thank you, thank you. These last several visits did the trick. What a wonderful feeling to be back on track. It was worth every penny. I really didn’t think we could do it, but now I feel great again.
- We owe you a lot for your help, sensitivity, and caring nature. We’ve tied the knot and have started on a new journey. We wouldn’t have managed on our own. Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!
- Just a quick note to let you know that I finally moved and I am feeling a lot better. Your work with my boyfriend and me really showed me that he was not the one to spend my life with. My life is really changing now for the better. I see that we are both better off now. You helped me through a tough time. I want you to know how thankful I am to you for that, and I just wanted to share with you how good I feel now. Thanks.
- Your right-on-target parable made it so clear to me that I had to stop the affair completely, it finally hit home. Never before was I convinced that I had to completely stop. I wish to thank you for enlightening me in a way I could grasp. My life could have turned into a horrible mess, but thanks to you, my future with Candice is looking brighter and brighter every day. If you knew how many people, both as individuals and couples, I affect and influence in my daily life, you would truly know what an impact this is going to make on this earth.
- I had been in and out of therapy for the past 12 years with different therapists, but something seemed to be missing in their approach to my problems. Dr. Gunzburg’s approach to my issues was very direct, yet sensitive. He instinctively seemed to know the right questions to ask, and the right techniques (such as guided imagery) to use with me. I consider Dr. Gunzburg to be much more than just a therapist. He was my guide, my mentor, and my “cheerleader.” He is a unique individual who truly cares and is dedicated to promoting the growth and healing of his clients.
- I had been to numerous therapists, both male and female, none of whom I connected with and none of whom I felt really understood my experiences. Immediately upon meeting Dr. Gunzburg, I realized he was someone very special. From the first session, I felt a deep connection, trust and a sense that he was the right therapist for me. He is an incredible listener, as well as being insightful, perceptive, sensitive and empathic.
Thank you for healing us.
All testimonials are taken from real letters and emails and were written regarding Dr. Gunzburg and his practice prior to 2022. Some minimal editorial changes were made to protect the anonymity of the writers, to abbreviate some of the longer notes, and sometimes to enhance the clarity of the situation.
For brevity, and in order to reduce repetition, this is just a sampling from a much larger group of notes and letters.